About the New Jersey Multiple Listing Service.
As a REALTOR® owned Multiple Listing Service (MLS), the NJMLS adheres to guidelines recommended by the National Association of REALTORS® and guarantees that every member receives an EQUAL REPRESENTATION IN ITS GOVERNANCE. Through this governance structure and after more than 40 years of hard work and dedication, REALTOR® members have built the NJMLS into one of the most successful Multiple Listing Services in the state of NJ.
The NJMLS is a cooperative information network of Real Estate Offices that provide descriptions of most of the homes and properties for sale in Bergen, Essex, Passaic, and Hudson Counties and beyond. It insures that your property's information will be available to be seen by all the other members in the association.
Selling or buying your home is not an easy task. An NJMLS member will take you through the entire process, oversee the details, and guide you every step of the way. By working with a member of the NJMLS you have a professional on your side that has access to the largest number of listings, or access to the largest number of available buyers, through the NJMLS. An NJMLS member is committed to serving you!
Once you have decided to use an NJMLS member for your transaction, you need to begin a search for the one who best fits your needs. Make sure whomever you choose:
- Is a member of the NJMLS.
- Explains how they are representing you as a sellers' agent, buyer's agent or transaction broker and how they will handle commissions involved.
- Gives you advice on how to best prepare your home or property for the market.
- Will provide you with a written comparative market analysis.
- Is excited about you and your property and listens attentively. Make sure he or she presents a professional attitude, is knowledgeable and instills confidence in you.